I've forgotten what it feels like to actually feel rested throughout the day, but thanks to our wonderful, BIG SLEEPER GIRL, Mommy and Daddy got a great night's sleep and are ready to face the world today!
Our Brookie turned one month on Friday and it seems that she's growing right before our eyes! The last month has been a long one when it comes to the lack of sleep and getting used to living life with a child - but it has gone by so quickly when I think of how far we've come as a family of three!
The big girl is eating more at each feeding, lasting longer time periods between each feeding and seemingly starting to understand the difference between night and day!
Two nights ago, Brooke was going 5 hours between each 3 ounce feeding, which felt amazing during the night! Really, she was only sleeping for a solid 3 hours between each of those feedings until I finally got her to sleep...but still, three solid hours felt great!
And last night, after an awesome evening with Brandon, Manda and the kids, Brookie ate at 9:30, we laid her down at 11 when we got home, and didn't hear her fuss until 6:00 this morning! She never cried - but her Daddy and I were up to check on her every 15 minutes just to make sure she was OK! So although we didn't get a complete full night's sleep, we enjoyed our first night of not getting up and down...and my body appreciates that this morning!! What a big girl we have!
This long sleep periods will probably not happen again for a while - I'm sure last night was a fluke...but here's to hoping that this is the beginning of the end of the sleepless nights!
In other news, Brooke made her first trip to the grocery store with Mommy this morning! Such fun we had! She was wide-eyed most of the way through the store as I explained every item I dropped in our cart - she seemed very interested! She really must be the cutest thing EVER since many different people stopped us so that they could 'Oooh...and Awww" over her! I just love that! She fell asleep in the check out line and we were home before she ever awoke! I loved our little outing!
Not too many things planned for this upcoming week - Grammy Kathy is coming for an extended stay with all 3 of her girls, we're hoping for a visit with Leah and Baby Caleb, I'm sure we'll spend lots of time with the Brandon, Manda and the kids, and we're super excited for Aunt Meggie, Uncle Jason, and cousin Joshua's visit next weekend for the Penn State game!
Enjoy some of our latest pictures...isn't she just the best?




1 comment:
Hi Sweet Baby Girl!
Good girl for your long sleep last night! Your mommy and daddy deserve to feel rested. They're doing such a great job.
I can't wait to see you on Friday. Don't grow too much between now and then.
We love you!
Aunt Meg
Post a Comment