Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Who signed me up for this??

My sincere apologies that it has been FOREVER since I've posted! I love reading the constant updates on Meg's and Manda's sites, and it just reminds me how awful I am at posting regularly.
When we first learned we were pregnant, there were lots of new developments to write about and be excited for... Now...it's just been a really long waiting game.

Truly, the only new update I have on this pregnancy starts with a simple questions that I really wish someone would answer...
All I want to know is - WHO SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS!!!???

It has begun...
I'm as sick as a dog! It's been almost 2 weeks since the nausea started and it hasn't calmed down much over that time! I can't even begin to explain how lovely it's been to constantly have the feeling of "selling Buicks" in my stomach and back of the throat... Those of you who have been through this already - please don't say "Just wait, it gets worse!" That's exactly what I don't need to hear!
I've been totally grossed out by a wide variety of things! It started out being just sweet foods that I had to stay away from... Then it was just a matter of keeping food in my stomach so as not to get hungry...hungry = "I think I'm gonna yack..."
I've now progressed to having absolutely zero appetite, which is no fun at all! It's usually all I can do to get my bowl of Frosted Cheerios down in the morning, and I've started the trend of going home during my Plan/Lunch period so that I can eat safetly and slowly at home (also where I can puke in private if need be!) Suppers have been a disaster because I can't ever make up my mind what I'd like to eat! Poor Zig...he just goes with the flow and says that I should make whatever sounds good to me - herein lies the problem - NOTHING sounds good! Everything gives me the heaves!!
And school - let's just say that I don't have the kind of job that I can sit behind a desk all day and not mess anything up if I don't feel good. I have 125 kids in my face ALL DAY LONG! They look to me and expect me to do something, or say something, and keep things lively in my room! This is so difficult when I'm working really hard at keeping my breakfast down where it belongs! I can't wait until I can share this news with my students - I just know that it will make life so much easier during the day! I won't feel nearly as bad for being cranky and taking a minute to collect myself.

WHO SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS!!???

I think my Mom put it best when she said "Welcome to only the beginning of Motherhood!" And I need to remind myself that I am the guilty one! Zig and I tried to have this baby - did this on purpose! And the answer to my prayers lies in the difference between my first pregnancy and this one. With our angel baby, I rarely got sick. I had about an hour every day that I didn't feel good and I occasionally got nauseous riding in the car, but other than that, I was fine!
Every gross feeling throughout the day is a reminder that I have a growing peanut inside of me that is using up every ounce of my energy in order to grow! What more could I ask for??

I've made it my goal to NOT COMPLAIN throughout this pregnancy because of how thankful I need to be after losing our first baby. I've been unsuccessful!
My encouraging talks with Aunt Megan have really helped, Manda can definitely sympathize since it hasn't been that long since she went through this TWICE, and I'm pretty sure that my Mom EXPECTS my daily calls each evening to tell her how awful I feel! I'm so happy to be surrounded by people who care about me and who are loving the fact that I'm "happily pregnant!"

It's finally ONE WEEK FROM TODAY that we see Georgette! I have everything set at school for the time that I'll be missing! I'm even ready to call off for the rest of the day if they want to schedule an ultrasound for later in the day! I can already say that I'll be doing everything but begging to make sure that an ultrasound is at least scheduled for very shortly after the appointment! We've waited long enough to know that everything is OK with this baby - I'm praying that they don't make us wait even more to see the little creature!

Here's to hoping for a fast 7 days! Hang on in there Baby Wray! We can't wait to see you soon!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello soon to be mommy!
I promise the sickness will soon pass, in a few months you won't even remember that you were that sick. When you are holding that little peanut in your arms you will think that every minute of being miserable was totally worth it, and I promise you it is OK to complain, it is only natural.
Hope your feeling better soon.

Megan said...

Ditto to Amanda's comment. It'll be September before you know it and we'll all be bringing you presents and food and wanting to help you with this little person that we all love before we've ever even met him or her. I'm hoping that the yucky feeling is very short lived. As I've told you- it doesn't count as complaining if you're complaining to me or Amanda or mom. So you just complain away. If there's ANYTHING we can do to make it easier on you and Zig, you just say the word and I'm on my way (although Amanda would beat me there).