Saturday, January 12, 2008

So the journey begins...


I feel like quite the "copy-cat" as I sit and create my very first post as a blogger! My sister, Megan, has paved the way for what seems to be one of the greatest ways to share stories, pictures, and thoughts with family and friends.

From the very first time I saw the "Adventures of Joshua" site, I knew I wanted to create my very own, but couldn't think of the right topic or focus for my attention and time. After helping Amanda set up her blog site for her precious kiddies Halle and Max, we thought of the PERFECT reason for my very own blog site!

A new show on TV these days has struck a chord with me..."Notes from the Underbelly" is such a cool way to depict friends, relationships, and new lives coming into the world. I knew that if my husband, Justin "Zig", were able to conceive a teeny-tiny baby, I would create a site to honor the wonderful journey of pregnancy!
So, needless to say, the creation of this site represents new beginnings! As many of my closest family and friends have shared their journey's with me, this site will help to record my best (and worst moments) of this new life growing inside of me.

It's been a long road...getting to where we are today. To make a long story short, this is NOT our first pregnancy. My husband and I were married in December of 2006, with the most gorgeous Christmas wedding that anyone could ever imagine! Celebrating our love for each other, surrounded by the people we love most, we couldn't wait to start and lives - and hopefully our very own family! The following May 2007, we learned that we were expecting our first child! The excitement was short-lived as we miscarried and lost our precious angel baby in early June. Zig and I have struggled with this loss in so many different ways, for month after passing month. When we finally decided that we were ready to try again, 4 long months went by without luck. And finally, on this very morning, January 12, 2008, we learned that we are expecting a baby! My happiness, thankfulness, and excitement can NO WAY be expressed through words!
I think of those in our life that have blessed us and shared their experiences with us!
Our nephew Joshua, niece Zoe, and (I guess they'd be cousins, but more like niece and nephew) Halle and Max... I can't imagine life without these kids! They truly are the loves of our life...and we can't wait to give them all a brand new cousin!

So...our journey begins! The best part about this site, is that many people will not even know if its existence until Zig and I make it to a safe point in the pregnancy to shout it from the mountain tops! You can understand why we would be a little hesitant to tell everyone we know! So, I'm considering this my journal...my own private writing until the doctor says those wonderful words that mean that the baby and me are healthy and ready to grow together!

I can't wait to share "belly pictures" and tell you all about my nauseous mornings, growing body parts, and the highly anticipated feeling of kicks and rolls in my belly! I'll talk about ultrasounds, doctors appointments, and many other "firsts" as Zig and I travel down the road of parenthood...

I can't believe I'm actually pregnant again! I can't believe Zig and I are going to be parents! I can't believe that someone will soon be calling us Mommy and Daddy!

For now...enjoy belly picture #1. This picture was taking today, holding the FABULOUS POSITIVE pregnancy test. Although I might already look pregnant and big in the belly, I'm only 4 weeks along!



Also enjoy some pictures of my husband, Zig, and I over the last year! (On our wedding day, and our first anniversary!)





3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Momma! Now I can call you that. It's a great thing. This is so exciting! I can't wait to read about all of your experiences, even though we will talk everyday! I love you and Zig so much and I can't wait to love this new addition! There is going to be so much to look forward to and I can't wait to experience this with you! Love you
Manda

Megan said...

Aren't we a bunch of nerds with the blog sites on all ends of your social circle? I love love love this and can't wait to share every second of the adventure with you. I sure hope this little peanut knows how much love there is waiting for him/her. Joshua is very excited about his new cousin, but your secret is safe with him. Since he only talks in Russian, no one will know a thing!

We love you guys and this little miracle so much!

Meg

Anonymous said...

This is the third time today I read your blog. The first time I cried for an hour...tears of shear joy and excitement. This morning when I woke up, my first thought was one day closer to having "babies". I love you and Justin and as always you will be in my thoughts and prayers.