Friday, January 18, 2008

More of "Hurry Up and Wait!"

I truly think that God is testing me...He is trying to see just how much I can handle over the next NINE months!

After hearing on Wednesday that my hormone levels looked really good, I have been waiting to hear back form the "send out" progesterone test. I did some research on the tests yesterday only to find that they can be used in pregnancies that follow miscarriage, or pregnancies that are considered high risk. As scary as that might sound, I'm glad that they are taking extra precaution to make sure that this is a healthy pregnancy!

After not hearing anything all day yesterday, I decided to call this morning and check on the results - and even then, I had to leave a message and wait for the nurse to call me back. When she finally called around noon today, her report was that "Dr. Grill said the progesterone levels look really good and Georgette would like to meet with you on the 13th...of FEBRUARY!" Yes, February, as in NEXT MONTH!

I'm so glad that things look great so far and that is seems as if we are growing a very healthy peanut, but after the miscarriage, I'm just not sure how I'm going to wait that long to meet Georgette, have the major blood work done, hope for an ultrasound, and THEN wait AGAIN to see Dr. Grill!! It just all seems so far away... I had hoped that they would want to see me sooner, but I guess not.

I guess I just need to focus my energy on enjoying these next few weeks, hoping to feel more and more pregnant as time goes on, and praying that by the time we do get to see the doctor, we'll have an EVEN BIGGER PEANUT in my belly!

Only 26 days until I can get to the doctor...let the countdown begin!

No comments: