Monday, June 22, 2009

Week of Play Dates!

Not the greatest picture - but this was bathing suit #1...

...and suit #2... notice the puffy eyes and twinge of 'attitude'?

This is where Brooke spent most of the time outside...she wasn't big on the pool!

...but Malaina was!!

...Monster Caleb was too busy 'working' to swim with the girls!
Yaaaaaaaaawn... Sigh...
What an afternoon!
Leah and I have been unable to get together for the past few weeks for our regular playdates - so when the sun came out this morning and our afternoons were clear, Brooke and I packed up for McVeytown - and a quick dip in Caleb's pool!
It all started out great! Lunch with some of our favorite friends, lots of catching up for the Mommies, lunch and toys for the babes!
After lunch, I dressed Brooke in a bathing suit for the very first time! I was so in love with how cute she looked! Caleb even let her wear some of his 'swimmy pants' underneath! When we went outside to get into the pool, I realized Brooke had a dirty diaper, but I had no idea how dirty it was...
She had pooped through the swimmies AND the bathing suit - poop all over Leah's house - and one screaming Brookie!
She has been struggling with teeth - even has one on top almost through - so sometimes her diapers are a little messy! This was definitely the worst!
So, she was fussy, seemed to be achy, and was ready for a nap -
But we pressed on - took our first dip in the pool!
She screamed. A lot. Sigh...
After dipping in and out every few minutes, she finally stayed sitting and played with the fun toys! It only lasted for a short while, but we enjoyed watching all 3 of the kids play together!
Shortly after that, we packed up, Cloroxed Leah's house from all of the poop, and headed home! Brooke fell asleep in the car and has been sleeping for the last hour...
I'm exhausted! Swimming with babies is a lot of work!
We better rest up though - this is the week of playdates for us!
My teacher-friend Ashley and her new baby Jack are coming tomorrow for their first visit and I'm so excited! I adore Ashley and I've missed her this year - so we have lots of catching up to do!
Wednesday, Mommy has a playdate with some teacher friends! Nana is keeping the Beam while I spend a few hours at SCHOOL with Dee...figuring some things out, already in preparation for next year... Oh dear... It's already quickly approaching! Soon - I'll be a working Mom - and I have to say, I'm kinda excited!!
Stay tuned for lots of pictures this week!






No comments: