So...
The Brookie that we all know and love is back!
Yep - the Brookie that doesn't sleep - EVER - is back...
I knew it wouldn't last long...
Truly folks, it's all gonna be ok! I'm starting to get used to running on low fumes and I'm learning to be in a better mood, even on zero sleep!
I'll spare you all the details of our sleepless nights around here - and instead - tell you how much I love my little girl!
Funny story - you gotta love my little slacker!
So, you know how babies are supposed to start rolling anytime from 2-4 months??
Well, not Brooke!
She just rolled over for the first time last night! WOO HOO! Way to go lazy girl!
My theory is that she has just been perfectly content to sit around and watch the world go by!
She sat up on her own really early (before 5 months) so I was thinking that she was just going to skip the whole rolling thing, sit up, and shortly there after learn to crawl.
Lately, she has been leaning over her legs to either side as she sits up playing, reaching for toys, and leaning so far that she ends up on her belly! Step 1 in the 'learning to crawl' process! You can actually see her little gears turning in her head that she can no longer sit still and still play with those cool toys waaaay over there!! Good girl, Brookie!
I have a feeling that she'll catch on to the crawling business very soon - and that then, I'll be wishing for my very still little girl to come back!
What a 'ham' she is! For those of you who know my husband - MAN, am I ever in for it! She already acts just like him - has to have all of the attention on her!
She fakes a cough so that we will look her way...
She fakes a huge belly laugh just to get your attention...
She growls like a grizzly bear to make you laugh...
She squeals like a bancheee to make you come running - followed by that big belly laugh...
What a character!!
She's just awesome - and I wanted you all to know!
We're headed into my school today to visit with some teacher friends!
I have some things to drop off for my Builders Club and some packages for a friend who is getting married this summer (her Mom works at my building). So I'm just going to make a visit out of it!
I miss my teacher friends so badly, and there has been some pretty major changes since I've left...so I'm really itching to get back to it and be with them all again! (Did I really just say that!)
We are SO looking forward to the beautiful weather to come this weekend...
It means yard work, lots of walking, and hopefully some time playing outside! (If we could just convince her that the grass won't hurt her!!)
Grammy Kathy is also coming to visit on Saturday and we can't wait to see her!
Wishing you all the very best weekend!
P.S.
This time, I promise...
Pictures soon...
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment