What a beautiful weekend!
Even though I've had a hard time welcoming the warm weather, (knowing that my time off is quickly dwindling away!) I very much enjoyed the spring-like days we've had lately!
Brooke and I have been walkin' fools!
As soon as that sun began to shine on Thursday afternoon, I knew we had to get outside! As soon as she finished her milk and apple sauce, we were in the stroller and on our way through the Burnham avenues! There is nothing like talking a walk to clear your mind and get a fresh start on your day...even in the middle of the afternoon!
Friday AND Saturday were a special treat as Amanda and the kids joined us on our walk! Amanda and I have always been walking partners since we've lived so close to each other! We have a special route that we take and I have to say, it seemed a lot easier before kids! Haven't I heard somewhere that pushing a stroller burns thousands more calories that walking alone?? That's fantastic! Especially for Amanda who pushes a SERIOUS two-seater with Halle and Max!
The kids really seem to enjoy the walk - although Brooke had a little tantrum on the way home from Saturday's walk! I'll tell you - I'm getting used to her screams...they don't bother me as much as they used to... But when she's screaming bloody-murder all the way from Amanda's to home, those 2 avenues seem like 200 miles! I don't know what her problem was! She continued to scream for about an hour after we got home until she finally fell asleep! Now I'm a little gun-shy about putting her back in the stroller. Hopefully, during these next few rainy days, she'll forget about her trauma and be a happy stroller-rider by the end of the week!
Also this weekend, we enjoyed a wonderful evening at our friends John and Sara's house! Big John is a great friend of Zig's, and he and his wife Sara bought a beautiful house that they love to use for entertaining. The summer-like weather on Saturday brought us all together on their deck and MAN, did we have fun!!
I get a little nervous about taking Brooke out in the evenings - because I'm so headstrong on her being in a routine. She's still a terrible sleeper at night, so we try to do everything we can to keep things regular. I have to say, though, she was a trooper! We packed her up with lots of gear to spend the evening in the cool fresh air, and she loved it! Brandon and Amanda came with the kids, so she enjoyed watching them play. She took a nap, had her milk, entertained the crowd once we went inside, then came home for a quick tub and bed.
I had to take a big deep breath once we got home because she really did well - I don't give her enough credit!
Does it make sense for me to say that I feel like a better Mom when I get her out of the house - and people enjoy her - and she behaves??
Then, Sunday afternoon, we traveled with Great-Grammy Joyce all the way to Harrisburg to meet Great-Aunt Kim and Grammy Kathy for an afternoon together to celebrate Grammy's birthday!
We started out at Babies-R-Us...YAY! Zig and I were looking for a bigger tub for Brooke. She can still fit in her infant tub, but she's getting so big that I want her to be able to sit up and stretch out a little more to play. We found a great tub that is for 6-36 month kids and it has lots of space - perfect! We also came home with a new pile of spring and summer clothes, new bottle nipples, binkies, a few pair of shoes for her Easter dress and spring outfits, and my personal favorite - a big that Zig picked out... It's says, "My Mom is hotter than your Mom!" Zig threw it in the cart without me seeing it - imagine my surprise!
I think Grammy especially liked this shopping trip since she pushed Brooke in the cart, talked to her the whole time, and even was asked if she belonged to her! I guess that was a great comment for her to get right before another birthday! Lookin' good, Grammy Kathy!
After a wonderful supper at the Texas Roadhouse, we were on our way home! Brooke got 2 great naps as she slept the whole way there and back.
We enjoyed a quiet evening at home - milk and carrots for supper, tub, cereal and milk, and bed!
I'm happy to report that Brooke was only awake ONCE last night - wide awake at 2:00am. I tried just rocking her back to sleep instead of trying to feed her - and she went right back down and is still sleeping this morning... (It's 8:37!) HOORAY!!
We don't have a lot planned for this week...
Nana is coming over this morning to share her purchases that she made for Brooke at the Hershey Outlets over the weekend, so I'm looking forward to a fashion show for Brooke very soon!
I have a baby shower to go to this coming Saturday that I'm very excited for...lots of teacher friends together for the day! What could be better?
That should be about it - hopefully more walking is in my future for the week...and just some good old quality time with my amazing family...
What did we ever do before Brooke came?
Be back soon! (With pictures!)
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment